Kankakee Valley Airport Authority Board met January 8.
Kankakee Valley Airport Authority Board met Jan. 8.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
Call to Order: The regular meeting for the month of January of the Board of Commissioners of the Kankakee Valley Airport Authority was called to order at 5:04 p.m. on Monday January 8, 2018 in the Board Room of the Robert B. Glade Terminal Building at the Greater Kankakee Airport, Kankakee, Illinois. Present: Commissioners Wilder, McAfee, Glade, Jacobi. Absent: Commissioners Kraetzer and Kuntz. Also, present: Jeff Benoit, Airport Manager, Pamela A. Rose, Airport Office Assistant. Visitors: Mr. Dale Werner. A quorum was present.
A motion was made by Chairman Wilder and seconded by Commissioner Glade to elect Commissioner Jacobi as Secretary Pro Tem. On roll call the following voted aye: Commissioners Wilder, McAfee, Glade, and Jacobi. Nays: none. Motion carried
Approval of Minutes: The minutes from the regular monthly meeting on Monday December 18, 2017 were reviewed. A motion was made by Commissioner Glade and seconded by Commissioner McAfee to accept the minutes as presented. On roll call the following voted aye: Commissioners Wilder, McAfee, Glade, and Jacobi. Nays: none. Motion carried.
Public Comment: There was none at this time.
• Request for Proposals – Fiscal Year Audit: Jeff Benoit discussed that a Request for Proposals be submitted for the fiscal year audit. Following a brief discussion, all members were in favor.
• Snow Removal – National Guard: Jeff Benoit discussed that Kankakee Valley Airport Authority received a call from the National Guard Readiness Facility Center concerning snow removal for the ramp and taxiway. Jeff to create a spreadsheet with figures and present at next meeting.
• Hangar/Facility Fee Report: Jeff Benoit discussed the available hangars, facility fees to date, and fuel sold for the month of December.
Bills Presented: Jeff Benoit presented the bills. Following a brief discussion, a motion was made by Commissioner Glade and seconded by Commissioner Jacobi to approve the bills as presented in the amount of $ 51,296.31. On roll call the following voted aye: Commissioners Wilder, McAfee, Glade, and Jacobi. Nays: none. Motion carried.
Accounts Receivable: Jeff Benoit presented the Accounts Receivable for the month of December.
Financial Statements: Jeff Benoit discussed the financial statements for the month of November will be presented at the February meeting.
• ComEd Letter: Commissioner Jacobi reported on the update with ComEd. More information will be reported next month.
• Solar Energy: Jeff Benoit reported on the update of this project. More information is needed.
Executive Session: No need at this time.
Open Discussion: Chairman Wilder discussed taking the next step in the land acquisition of the Werner Farm Purchase.
Next Meeting: Monday February 12, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
Adjournment: There being no further business, a motion was made by Commissioner Glade and seconded by Commissioner McAfee at 5:40 pm.