Momence City Council met June 4
Momence City Council met June 4.
Roll was called by the Clerk with Aldermen Salomone, Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Cook, Temple and Cope present. Alderman Rehmer was absent.
Approval Of Previous Meeting Minutes:
Alderman Metz made a motion to approve the minutes of the May 21, 2018 council meeting with a correction to the minutes of the appropriation meeting
Approval Of The Bills:
The bills were discussed at tonight's Budget and Finance Committee Meeting. Alderman Salomone made a motion to approve the bills for payment. Alderman Metz seconded the motion with Aldermen Salomone, Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Cook, Temple and Cope
1. Larry Crouch - Momence Business Gathering – Momence Vision 2025 meeting with major employers in town. No cost to the city at this time. Looking for info on what their vision is for the City of Momence. The second set of meetings
2. Andrew Weybright – requesting his spot for selling popcorn/snow cones during
3. Tim Navratil – solar farm – asking council to submit a letter to stop the solar farm. The fire department has not been notified about the solar farm. The fire department does not have the special training for possible electrocution. Asking for a letter from the city stating city opposes to the solar farm. The ground needs to be
4. Jay Kerouac - passing around pictures of the solar farms in Lake Village. Possible 7000 panels could be within 600 feet of Mr.
Alderman Metz made
Old Business Alderman Salomone Public hearing for appropriation 7:00 P.M.
Jake Salomone – BF meeting scheduled for June 18 7:15 P.M. MFT
Tina Demack – needs authorization to sign for the health insurance new agreement effective July 1.
Alderman Cook made
Treasurer report – transfer of the MFT bond/interest. There will be new cash account for the MFT, with a smaller account created under the cash account for the bond/interest. Bond and interest payments 95-01. This will not be an interest-bearing account.
1. Discuss and Vote - Resolution 201- Momence Gladiolus Festival Intermittent Street Closer Alderman Metz made motion to approve, Alderman Cook seconded the motion with Aldermen Salomone, Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Cook, Temple and Cope voting.
2. Discuss North Street Repair if there was any funding left from the construction on Mechanic Street, could be used on North Street resurfacing. We did receive the IDOT approval, and North Street will be resurfaced. There will be a small cost, but that will be split between 4 different entities.
3. Clarification of Appointments a few weeks ago the Mayor had reappointed everyone from the original appointments from the previous year. Mayor failed to appoint Steve Lund as the chair for the Zoning/Planning commission.
Alderman Cook made motion to adjourn, Alderman Metz seconded the motion with Alderman Salomone, Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Cook, Temple and Cope voting yes.
Meeting adjourned at 8:13 P.M