Village of Bradley Public Works Committee met June 13.
Here is the minutes provided by the committee:
1. Call to Order meeting opened at 4:39pm
2. Call the Roll
Trustee's present: Redmond, Billilngsley, LeBran
3. Public Comment - residents Ron Brosseau, Dave Goodberlet, and Dave Dillon - all residents of Flamingo Ct made comments inquiring status of insurance claims covering a sewer backup which occurred in their neighborhood on May 30, 2019
4. Selection of a Chairman Trustee Billingsley was nominated by Redmond and seconded by LeBran.
5. VH/FD stairwell safety
a. Structural Engineer recommendation
Director Memenga presented letters from a structural engineer who had inspected 2 stairwells in the Fire Dept. while the interior one has no issues, the exterior will require more severe maintenance. The committee voted 3-0 to recommend hiring Bright Architecture to develop bid documents and oversee the necessary structural repairs, for a cost of $2,000
6. Equipment Purchases
a. Bucket Truck - Director Memenga presented multiple options available currently in the "used" truck market. Varying conditions, mileage, hours, etc. - and cost. Our purchase policy has certain requirements for purchases over $10,000 - which can be complicated when dealing with used equipment. The committee felt it would be appropriate to waive the condition requiring a 'bidding' process. More options will be presented, and the equipment would be properly inspected prior to any purchase being finalized.
b. Vibratory Roller - same as above, however, Director Memenga has narrowed down the search to a specific roller from a United Rentals. Committee approved the selection and it will be forwarded to the full board for consideration. This roller is in the MFT budget.
7. Sewer / Utility
8. Quail sanitary issues as mentioned in public comments, there was a sewer backup in the neighborhood surrounding Flamingo Ct. A total of 6 residents have now initiated a damage claim.
a. Lower Soldier Creek Lift Station
i. Pump damage - Director Memenga reported an issue with one of the pumps - the transducer had failed. This was repaired, but it appears the pump may have sustained some further damage requiring it to be pulled and examined. Pump was taken offline pending repairs.
ii. Overhead Crane as related to the above pump issue, the hoist located at LSC has been dead for some time now. It will need to be replaced to facilitate pump maintenance. Estimated cost is $6,000 - $8,000 at this time (for hoist alone) b. Rehab of Sewer
i. RJN proposals
1. Bid prep for Basin's 3 & 5 repairs
2. SSES for Basin's 1, 4, 9, & 10
3. Flow Meter maintenance - Joe Sullivan from RJN Engineering presented all three proposals listed here. RJN has been the contractor working with the village for 3 years now, studying and recommending the necessary repairs as well as overseeing much of the rehab work. Proposal 1 is for rehab work for this coming year($49,995); proposal 2 is for the study area for this coming year($73,475); and proposal 3 is for the maintenance and calibration of the flow meters installed this past year($23,850). Motion was made by Billingsley, 2nd by Redmond to approve signing all 3 proposals
ii. Status of current repairs - Mr Sullivan also noted the repairs to the first basin are going well. The project had gotten a late start and pushed into the new FY, but expected to complete in July.
Meeting was adjourned at 5:21 pm