Village of Manteno Committee of the Whole met Sept. 11.
Here is the minutes provided by the committee:
|Timothy Nugent, Mayor||X|
|Timothy Boyce, Trustee||X|
|Todd Crockett, Trustee|
|Diane Dole, Trustee||X|
|Joel Gesky, Trustee||X|
|Sam Martin, Trustee||X|
|Wendell Phillips, Trustee||X|
|Chris LaRocque, Village Admin||X|
|Jim Hanley, Supt. Of Public Works||X|
|Al Swinford, Chief of Police||X|
|Ryan Marion, Building Official||X|
|Sarah Marion, Event Coord.||X|
|Sheila Martin, Treasurer||X|
|Darla Hurley, Deputy Village Clerk||X|
A motion was made by Trustee Gesky, seconded by Mayor Nugent, to approve the minutes of the September 11, 2019 as written; motion carried by voice vote - all ayes, no nays.
No Public Participation
Items for Discussion:
• Keller TIF Request – 312 W. Division - Mr. LaRocque stated the application for a TIF Façade request was included in the meeting packets. Dr. Keller has been in business in Manteno for 39 years. Dr. Keller has added his son to the dental business. Dr. Keller is requesting funding to helps with signage, façade and demolition of old garage in the rear of the property. The total cost of the project is estimated at $32,000. The request for $15,000 will be on the Village Board agenda meeting of September 16th.
Trustee Gesky suspended the Finance Committee meeting at 7:07 am and the Public Safety meeting was reopened to finish their meeting.
The Finance Committee meeting was reopened at 7:20 p.m.
• 315 North Locust Street – Mr. LaRocque stated that the contract for the sale of the property has been negotiated and will be placed on the board agenda for the September 16th for approval.
• Parking Lot Seal – Coating Bid - Mr. LaRocque stated that the parking lot at the village hall and some of the Main Street parking lots need to be seal coated to help extend its life. Mr. Hanley obtained a quote of $18,195.12 for all lots. River Valley Metro will also seal coat their lot after Oktoberfest and they are requesting the use of the parking lot across from the police department.
• New Electronic Sign – The Village Hall electronic sign is 8 years old but has been having issues. The parts for the sign are not available. Mr. LaRocque has prepared an RFP for replacement of the sign. The proposals are due September 16th.
• Legacy Park – Mr. Hanley and Mr. LaRocque are finalizing a design and pricing for the design. Once the design is completed, the design will be presented to the Manteno Township Board. The village will also apply for an OSLAD grant with the state of Illinois. The design will include a parking lot expansion along with the building that will have bathrooms.
• Cannabis Zoning – An ordinance will be presented at the Village board meeting on September 16th to tax the selling of cannabis in the event that a dispensary does come to the village. There have been no inquires from any businesses to operate a dispensary. Mr. LaRocque stated that retail space has to be exclusive to the sale of cannabis, it can not be combined with any other type of business. The village can amend the zoning ordinance to put parameters in place to regulate where a dispensary can be located.
• Misc. –
o The landscaping on the south side of the Square on Second will be moved before the fence is installed. It was suggested to add bollards to each end of the new fence. Trustee Martin will meet with Mr. Hanley on the moving of the landscaping. A portion of the black fencing will be moved around the merry-go-round to the Walnut Street side.
o The Hometown Hero banners, that have been up for the two (2) years, will be available for the participants to pick up after Veteran’s Day in November. The notice that the banners will be available will be sent to all trustees also.
A motion by Trustee Gesky and seconded by Trustee Dole to adjourn the meeting at 7:57 a.m. Voice vote – all ayes.