Village of Manteno Village Board met Nov. 4.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
Trustee Timothy Boyce
Trustee Diane Dole
Trustee Samuel Martin
Trustee Joel Gesky
Trustee Wendell Phillips
President Timothy Nugent
Trustee Todd Crockett
Chris LaRocque: Village Administrator
Chief Al Swinford: Chief of Police
Michael Cainkar: Village Attorney
Jim Hanley: Supt. Public Works
Ryan Marion: Building Official
Press Present: None
The meeting was called to order by Village Clerk Robin Batka. Clerk Batka led the group in the Pledge of Allegiance. Clerk Batka asked for a motion to appoint a Mayor Pro Tem in the absence of Mayor Nugent.
A motion was made by Phillips to appoint Joel Gesky Mayor Pro Tem in the absence of Mayor Nugent. Seconded by Boyce. Motion Approved 5-0 Crockett absent
Motion by Martin seconded by Dole, to waive the reading of the minutes and approve the Committee of the Whole meeting minutes and the regular Board Meeting minutes of October 21st, 2019 as presented by the clerk.
Motion approved: 5-0 Crockett absent
Public Participation: None
Reports of Village Officials:
Village President’s Report: Timothy Nugent (absent)
Village Administrator’s Report: Chris LaRocque
Hometown Hero’s Banner program is done after next week. Banners can be picked up after November 18th at Village Hall. These are the banners that have been up for two years. The person who signed up for the banner should be the person who picks it up. The Village can mail them for a fee. The banners that have been up for just one year will be hung up next year. Residents can sign up again and have a new banner created for a two year period. Drop by the Village Hall if you have questions.
Reminder with the snow that there will be a parking ban. Park on the odd side of the street on odd days and the even side on even days, so that roads can be cleaned thoroughly.
Public Works and Utilities: Trustee Boyce
Nothing on the agenda tonight
Next Public Works meeting on Tuesday 11/26/2019 at 7:00 am, Village Hall Conference Room
Parks and Recreation: Trustee Martin
Nothing on the agenda tonight.
Next Parks and Recreation meeting Wed 03/18/2019 7:00 pm Village Board Room.
Public Safety and Health: Trustee Dole
Nothing on the agenda tonight
• Safety tip- We have had some car burglaries in town, so a reminder to all residents to
lock you cars at night (do a 9 pm check) and take all valuables out of the car. Next meeting Wed 11/13/2019 7:00 am Village Hall Conference Room
Planning and Zoning: Trustee Crockett absent, Trustee Phillips Covered
• Ordinance 19-22 - An Ordinance granting a Variance from Title 9, Zoning, Chapter 7, Article B-8 (H), Maximum Lot Coverage, in the R-1 Residential Zoning district for property known as 656 Peacock Place, Manteno, IL. This request for a home to be built that exceeds the zoning ordinance provision for maximum lot coverage was presented at a Planning Commission meeting last week. The home does meet the setback requirements but exceeded the maximum coverage requirement due to the plan being a large ranch-style home with a three-car garage. The Planning Commission is recommending approval of the variance.
The next Planning Commission: Tues 11/12/2019 6:00 pm Village Board room has been CANCELED.
Planning &Zoning Tues 11/26/2019 7:00 am at the Village Hall Conference Room
Finance: Trustee Gesky
• Payment of bills $32,008.18 includes TIF #1- $259.00 and TIF #3 $0 Bills authorized between Board cycle: $41,963.72
• Ordinance 19-23 - An Ordinance approving an Amended Budget for the Village of Manteno for the Fiscal Year Beginning May 1, 2019 and ending April 30, 2020. Our recent police pension report increased our proposed contribution beyond what we budgeted for. Because we cannot levy for more than we budgeted, we are amending the budgeted amount so we can increase the levy for that line item.
• Resolution 19-09 - A Resolution of the Village of Manteno for the Preliminary Determination of Rate for the 2019 Tax Levy. Each year the village goes through the process of levying for property tax dollars to help fund village expenses. This initial step will be followed by a public hearing at the next board meeting, where the final levy amount will be approved and then filed with the County Clerk
The next Finance meeting will be held Wednesday 11/13/2019, at 7:00 am at the Village Hall Conference Room.
General Government: Trustee Phillips
Nothing on the Agenda tonight
Mayor Pro Tem Gesky read the items to be included on the Consent Agenda. The consent agenda is as follows:
Old Business: (A)
New Business: (B)
1. Ordinance 19-23 - An Ordinance approving an Amended Budget for the Village of Manteno for the Fiscal Year Beginning May 1, 2019 and ending April 30, 2020
2. Resolution 19-09 - A Resolution of the Village of Manteno for the Preliminary Determination of Rate for the 2019 Tax Levy.
3. Ordinance 19-22 - An Ordinance granting a Variance from Title 9, Zoning, Chapter 7, Article B-8 (H), Maximum Lot Coverage, in the R-1 Residential Zoning district for property known as 656 Peacock Place, Manteno, IL.
Awarding of Bids/Contracts and Authorization to Purchase (C)
Financial Reports: (D)
1. Payment of bills $32,008.18 includes TIF #1 $259.00 and TIF #3 $0
Motion by Phillips seconded by Dole to approve a single roll call vote on the question of passage of agenda items as designated for voting purposes on the consent agenda. Motion Approved 5-0 Crockett absent
Motion by Martin seconded by Boyce to approve by an omnibus vote those ordinances, resolutions, motions and orders contained on the consent agenda as identified by the Village President
Motion Approved 5-0 Crockett absent
Trustee Boyce: No comment
Trustee Martin: No comment
Trustee Dole: No comment
Trustee Crockett: absent
Trustee Gesky: No comment
Trustee Phillips: No comment
Motion by Boyce to adjourn the meeting at 7:12 pm, seconded by Martin Motion approved 5 Ayes 0 Nays Crockett absent