Kankakee County Sheriff issued the following announcement on Jan. 30.
Sheriff Mike Downey announced earlier today that his office has begun accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff. Applicants must be:
• U.S. citizenship;
• No felony convictions;
• Valid state-issued driver's license;
• Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application and 21 years of age at time of appointment, unless otherwise exempt per state statute;
• Be a high school graduate (or have attained a GED) -AND- have successfully completed at least (80) semester hours of accredited college credit -OR- be currently employed at the Kankakee County Sheriff's Office in the Corrections Division with at least 2 years of service at the initial offer of employment -OR- currently serving in the United States military or have served and been honorably discharged -AND- a minimum of 40 semester hours of accredited college credit;
• Possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued by NIPSTA, Triton College, Kankakee Community College, or Joliet Junior College within 12 months of the application deadline date (March 6, 2020) - OR - provide proof of current enrollment in a state of Illinois certified police academy;
• Must successfully complete a written examination and oral interview;
• Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph, and medical testing;
• Must be a resident of the County of Kankakee within 6 months of appointment as a sheriff's deputy;
• Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
Anyone seeking additional information can find it on the Sheriff’s website at (http://kankakeecountysheriff.com/career-information/).
“A career at the Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office is extremely prideful and rewarding,” said Sheriff Mike Downey. “I strongly encourage anyone qualified and interested to consider applying. I assure you our department is one of the most professional and respectful agencies in the State of Illinois and we look forward to continuing that trait.”
To apply for the position of Deputy Sheriff, please visit https://www.applytoserve.com/Application.aspx?ID=320
Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, March 6, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST).
Original source can be found here.
Source: Kankakee County Sheriff