Village of Manteno Village Board met Oct. 7.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
President Timothy Nugent
Trustee Diane Dole
Trustee Wendell Phillips
Trustee Samuel Martin
Trustee Joel Gesky
Trustee Todd Crockett
Absent: Trustee Timothy Boyce
Chris LaRocque: Village Administrator
Chief Al Swinford: Chief of Police
Elizabeth Attard: Village Attorney
Jim Hanley: Supt. Public Works
Ryan Marion: Building Official
Geoff Aggen: Village Engineer
Press Present: None
The meeting was called to order by President Timothy O. Nugent. Roll call followed the Pledge of Allegiance, led by President Nugent.
Motion by Martin seconded by Dole, to waive the reading of the minutes and approve the Regular Board Meeting minutes of September 16th, 2019 as presented by the clerk.
Motion approved: 5-0 Boyce absent
Public Participation: None
Reports of Village Officials:
Village President’s Report: Timothy Nugent
• TIF #3 Redevelopment Agreement – Has not been finalized yet. We should have by next Board Meeting. Our attorneys are still working on it
• Octoberfest: We had events we did not anticipate. We had to close the event Friday night due to the storm and held a meeting on Saturday morning to decide if we could continue. We had lots of volunteers, plus I made a call to Mayor Shore of Bourbonnais and he offered help by sending some of his public works crew, as well as some of their public works vehicles to help with the cleanup. The event went ahead and was in full operation for Saturday night. On behalf of the Village Board, we thank our workers and have sent a letter of thanks to the Village of Bourbonnais for sending help. Great job done by Sarah and the Chamber Board, as well as Jim and our public works crew!
• We received a letter from E.W.Petersen, the event coordinator for “Hero’s, Hogs and Hotrods”, thanking the Village for their support and commitment. $20,000.00 was raised that will go directly to the Veterans Tiny House Project. event, with August 8, 2020 already on the calendar.
Village Administrator’s Report: Chris LaRocque
Public Works and Utilities: Trustee Boyce absent, covered by Trustee Martin
• Consideration RE: A motion to approve the acceptance of a Grant of Permanent Utility Easement from Mary Nugent for vacant property located along South Cypress Street, Parcel #03-02-29-400-003. This is a continuation of our co-operation with Aqua, Illinois to secure the needed easements along properties on South Cypress Street to facilitate the installation of water and sewer mains. This infrastructure is critical to promote development in that area.
Next Public Works meeting on Tuesday 10/22/2019 at 7:00 am, Village Hall Conference Room
Parks and Recreation: Trustee Martin
Nothing on the agenda tonight.
Next Parks and Recreation meeting Wed 10/16/2019 7:00 pm Village Board Room, with a 6:30 pm meeting at Jacob’s Park
Public Safety and Health: Trustee Dole
• Resolution 19-08 - A Resolution approving a Side Letter of Agreement between the
Village of Manteno and the Illinois Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council. This was discussed at our Public Safety Meeting and the specific language was perfected between our council and the union's representative over several weeks. This will formalize a scheduling practice that had been going on for several months. It covers "flex-shifts" that have had a positive effect for the police force and the Village.
• Safety tip - Best tool to solve crime is to install a video camera on your home to capture any suspicious activity around your home or neighborhood.
• LifeStyle 360 will hold a meeting on October 15th at the Manteno Fire Station. LifeStyle 360 is winding down for the year with the final meeting for 2019 on November 19th
Next meeting Wed 10/09/2019 7:00 am Village Hall Conference Room
Planning and Zoning: Trustee Crockett
Nothing on the agenda tonight
The next Planning Commission: Tues 10/08/2019 6:00 pm Village Board room Planning &Zoning Tues 10/22/2019 7:00 am at the Village Hall Conference Room
Finance: Trustee Gesky
• Payment of bills $364,392.56 includes TIF #1- $313,657.51 and TIF #3 $0. Bills authorized between Board cycle: $42,745.84
The next Finance meeting will be held Wednesday 10/09/2019, at 7:00 am at the Village Hall Conference Room.
General Government: Trustee Phillips
Nothing on the Agenda tonight
Mayor Nugent read the items to be included on the Consent Agenda. The consent agenda is as follows:
Old Business: (A)
New Business: (B)
1. Consideration RE: A motion to approve the acceptance of a Grant of Permanent Utility Easement from Mary Nugent for vacant property located along South Cypress Street, Parcel #03-02-29-400-003.
2. Resolution 19-08 - A Resolution approving a Side Letter of Agreement between the Village of Manteno and the Illinois Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council.
Awarding of Bids/Contracts and Authorization to Purchase (C)
Financial Reports: (D)
1. Payment of bills $364,392.56 includes TIF #1- $313,657.51 and TIF #3 $0.
Motion by Crockett seconded by Dole to approve a single roll call vote on the question of passage of agenda items as designated for voting purposes on the consent agenda. Motion Approved 5-0 Boyce absent
Motion by Gesky seconded by Dole to approve by an omnibus vote those ordinances, resolutions, motions and orders contained on the consent agenda as identified by the Village President
Motion Approved 5-0 Boyce absent
Trustee Boyce: absent
Trustee Martin: Kudo’s to the help we received for Octoberfest
Trustee Dole: Fire Prevention Week – check batteries on your detectors. If you need one, check with the Fire Department.
Trustee Crockett: Thanks to Jim Hanley for a job well done!
Trustee Gesky: Same comments as everyone else! Agree
Trustee Phillips: Sarah did a great job putting it all together and Jim’s group did a good job of keeping it together!
Mayor Nugent: We are lucky no one was hurt Friday night! We were on the national news the next morning. Thanks to all of you for a job well done. Last pickup for the brush route will be the last weeks of October. Public Works will be busy soon putting up holiday decorations. Remember to call Village Hall if you want e waste picked up (Manteno residents only).
Motion by Crockett to adjourn the meeting at 7:18 pm, seconded by Martin Motion approved 5 Ayes 0 Nays Boyce absent