Grant Park Community Unit School District 6 Board met July 15.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
A regular meeting of the Grant Park Community Unit School District No. 6 Board of Education, Kankakee County, State of Illinois, was held on July 15, 2019, in the Middle School Library.
The meeting was called to order by President Dickson at 7:00 p.m. and the pledge of allegiance was recited.
Members present: Dave Dickson
Members absent: Christine Horn
Also present: Dr. John Palan, Superintendent
Ms. Tracy Planeta, ES Principal
Mrs. Sue Anderson, Recording Secretary
Audience of 2
APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA:
Motion was made by T. Markland, seconded by J. Fick, to approve the consent agenda as follows:
1. Minutes of the regular board meeting of June 17, 2019.
2. Financial Reports for June, 2019.
3. Direction to pay the July vendor bills in the amount of $67,391.71.
4. Approval of the June payroll in the amount of $305,925.09.
5. To accept the resignation of Renee Krolik, Special Needs Instructor.
6. To employ Karen White, 4th grade teacher ($50,529 plus TRS), Joe Niezgoda as HS Academic Team Sponsor ($1,108 plus TRS), and Lauren Mohler as MS Student Council Sponsor ($806 plus TRS).
7. To approve the hazardous transportation conditions, as certified by IDOT, still exist for the 2019-20 school year.
8. To approve the service leave of Mark Boccia (Coast Guard) until October 4, 2019.
9. To approve the accounts payable for June 30, 2019.
10.To approve the 2019-20 Parent Student Handbook, MS/HS Athletic Handbook and Technology Handbook, as presented.
11.To declare technology excess surplus, as presented.
Roll Call: T. Markland – yes; J. Fick – yes; V. Gawlinski - yes; J. Loitz - yes; and D. Dickson – yes. Motion carried unanimously.
AUDIENCE TO PERSON’S SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE: None
ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORTS: The administrators’ reports are attached. Ms. Planeta added for registration on August 7th the district will require two forms of proof of address, as directed in the Board Policy regarding residency.
Superintendent: Dr. Palan’s report included:
1. There is one last component for the GP Strategic Plan. A video of a community picnic will be filmed on Thursday.
2. The FY 20 budget is in progress.
3. Training and professional development topics have been set for the school year.
4. Facility walk through will take place on Thursday, August 15th at 6:00 p.m.
BOARD COMMITTEE REPORTS:
President: No report
Building and Grounds: The gym floor will be started on Wednesday, the HS entry tile has been completed and the air conditioner for the HS has been installed.
Technology: No report
Kankakee Area Special Education Co-op: No report
Kankakee Area Career Center: The next meeting is on August 8th.
IASB-Three Rivers Division: No report
Chamber of Commerce: Christmas in the Village is scheduled for December 14th and a golf cart raffle will be held on October 1st.
Student Representatives: Not in attendance
Board Communications: None
COMMUNITY FORUM AND OTHER: None
Motion was made by J. Loitz, seconded by V. Gawlinski, at 7:20 p.m. to adjourn. Voice vote, all yes. Motion carried unanimously.