City of Momence City Council met Oct. 21.
Here is the minutes provided by the council:
The City Council Meeting of the City of Momence was held in the Council Chambers at 29 N. Dixie Highway, Momence. Mayor Chuck Steele called the meeting to order.
Roll was called by the Clerk with Aldermen Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Rehmer, Cook, Temple and Cope. Alderman Salomone was absent.
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES
Alderman Cook made a motion to approve the minutes of the October 7, 2019 council meeting. Alderman Temple seconded the motion with Aldermen Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Rehmer,
Cook, Temple and Cope voting yes.
APPROVAL OF THE BILLS
The bills were discussed at tonight's Budget and Finance Committee Meeting.
Alderman Metz made motion to approve the bills for payment. Alderman Rehmer seconded the motion with Aldermen Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Rehmer, Cook, Temple and Cope voting yes.
CITZEN FORUM –
1. Larry Crouch – Momence Vision 2030 Update/Council-Staff Input meeting with Frank for over a year, soliciting the community, meeting with the major employers in town asking where they would like to see Momence in the next 10 years. What they would like to see in 3 years, etc. A list of recommendations has been developed. Larry handed out a survey, things that have come out through the recommendations. Larry is looking for the council for input, and to put on the city website and send out through the city water bill listing by mail. He is working on grant approval. They are still in the process of collecting information.
2. Nancy Teune – permission for church event – Calvary Community Church would like to schedule an event for next Wednesday – hay ride, bonfire, cook out prior to the start of the Awana meeting. Approx 30 min ride. Starting at 6PM – 7PM, staying off Rt 1 other than crossing the bridge. October 30th. Alderman Cook made a motion to approve, Alderman Metz seconded the motion with Aldermen Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Rehmer, Cook, Temple and Cope voting yes.
OLD BUSINESS – Alderman Metz asked if anything has been heard back from Outsenn Electric on the stoplight issue. Scott had said that he hasn’t heard anything back.
Alderman Cope asked Scott if he had received the pictures sent about the sidewalks. Scott said that there are some funds but with the weather is going to be an issue at this point.
1. Rebekah Cope – First Reading Ordinance Prohibiting the Sale and or Manufacturing Marijuana – questioning cannabis products, example CBD oil. Alderman Cope said this will be sent to the attorney for clarification. Chief Brucato and other officers are going to a class for further education on the new law.
2. David Cook – Discuss and Vote on variance request for 118 N. Pine – shed for the Lutheran Church – variance committee recommended the approval of the shed/fence. Alderman Cook made motion to approve, Alderman Temple seconded the motion with Aldermen Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Rehmer, Cook, Temple and Cope voting yes.
3. Alderman Rehmer – citizen approached him about an issue with the narrow streets with parking on both sides of the streets. This is a common issue in town, we cannot take away the parking in front of the residential houses. Example 4th Street.
4. Alderman Metz – public works meeting about a storm clarifier and a new well. We are looking at the clarifier at this time. Mark will be getting more information. Calling a public works meeting November 4 at 6:45PM. Also, BF meeting at 7:15 PM November 4.
Treasurer report –
Department Heads – Scott said that he is hoping for November 5 for the end of chipping if they can get caught up after the storm today.
Tina – auditor has been in, currently balanced through August. She is getting instructions doc’d for Trisha, seems to be going well.
1. Discuss Main Street – they are losing the possession of their building, requesting use of City Hall. He said he couldn’t make the decision, that it was up to the council. Alderman Cook stated that it would not be appropriate to move other organizations into City Hall. Alderman Rehmer stated that the Aldermen do not have keys to the building, another organization should not have either. Alderman Cook made motion to deny, Alderman Metz seconded the motion with Aldermen Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Rehmer, Cook, Temple and Cope voting to deny.
2. Fargo – Reschedule to Wednesday due to weather. They have permission from the City and IDOT. They will be shooting Wednesday. Mayor has indicated that this has been a positive for the town.
Alderman Cook made motion to adjourn, Alderman Metz seconded the motion with Aldermen Carbonaro, Metz, Clark, Rehmer, Cook, Temple and Cope voting yes.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM