Village of Bourbonnais Finance Committee met February 14
Village of Bourbonnais Finance Committee met February 14.
Here is the minutes as provided by the committee:
Trustee King at the regular board meeting held on February 5, 2018 scheduled a Finance Committee meeting to take place on February 14, 2018 at 4:00 pm at the Municipal Center Board Room.
1. Roll Call:
Village President Paul Schore, Trustee Greenlee, Trustee Fischer, Trustee King, Trustee Keast, Trustee Littrell, Village Treasurer Riebe, Village Administrator Van Mill, and Accounting Supervisor Tara Latz. Absent was Trustee Serafini.
2. Review and approve Committee minutes:
A motion was made by Trustee King and seconded by Trustee Littrell to approve the committee minutes from January 31, 2018. Motion passed on a voice vote of 5-0.
i. General funds bills reviewed: Committee approved.
ii. Special fund bills reviewed: Committee approved.
• Report on Operating Results from December - Information only.
• Request for Tuition Reimbursement for Patrolman Cox for the most recent completed courses - Committee approved the reimbursement.
• Request for sponsorship from the Kankakee County Chamber for their Lucky Connections event - Committee declined to participate. Request was to be added to contribution listing for review for next year's budget.
• Other - Assistant Public Works Director Herberger recapped the cost of the 4 day snow event. Public Works Director Chamness discussed the logistics problems regarding the plowing of the Village's cu de sacs. Director Chamness discussed the need for a generator to be acquired for the Public Works Building and the need for an additional salt shed at a cost of $180,000. Director Chamness expressed reservation at the low bidder for the Phase 2 section of the sewer project. The Committee will review the issue before awarding a bid for the work. Chairman Fischer asked for clarification for how the bid specs would be done for the Municipal Center roof. The Committee provided the necessary clarification.
5. Old Business: None
6. New Business: None.
7. Public Comments:
8. Adjournment and Time: A motion was made by Trustee Keast and seconded by Trustee Littrell to adjourn the Finance Committee meeting. Motion passed on a voice vote of 5-0 and the meeting adjourned at 4:52 p.m.