Village of Bourbonnais Finance Committee met January 31
Village of Bourbonnais Finance Committee met January 31.
Here is the minutes as provided by the committee:
Trustee King at the regular board meeting held on January 22, 2018 scheduled a Finance Committee meeting to take place on January 31, 2018 at 3:30 pm at the Municipal Center Board Room.
1. Roll Call:
Village President Paul Schore, Trustee King, Trustee Keast, Trustee Littrell, Trustee Serafini, Village Treasurer Riebe, Village Administrator Van Mill, and Finance Director Wolf. Absent was Trustee Greenlee and Trustee Fischer.
2. Review and approve Committee minutes:
A motion was made by Trustee Keast and seconded by Trustee Serafini to approve the committee minutes from January 22, 2018. Motion passed on a voice vote of 4-0.
i. General funds bills reviewed: Committee approved.
ii. Special fund bills reviewed: Committee approved.
• Review and approval of Carlile Group contract to develop bid specifications for the Municipal Center Roof replacement - After much discussion, the Committee decided to have Langlois Roofing produce the specifications for bidding purposes. The Committee also requested that the final three HVAC units be bid immediately.
• Request for donation for the 15th Annual KACC Scholarship Golf Outing, June 2 - The Committee declined to participate.
• Review of proposal to replace the video storage server in the Police Department - The Committee reviewed proposals to replace the failing video server in the Police Department. The Committee was informed that an additional $4,000 would be needed to upgrade the software. Assistant Administrator advised the Committee on the rotation that is used to update computer equipment in the Village. Finance Director indicated that while this upgrade was unbudgeted, that a separate funding source is maintained for these regular upgrades and there was sufficient monies to undertake this project.
5. Old Business: None.
6. New Business: None.
7. Public Comments:
Assistant Administrator Wimberly recapped the Chocolate Tour which is scheduled for Saturday the 3rd of February.
8. Adjournment and Time: A motion was made by Trustee Keast and seconded by Trustee Serafini to adjourn the Finance Committee meeting. Motion passed on a voice vote of 4-0 and the meeting adjourned at 4:08 p.m.