Grant Park Community Unit School District 6 Board met January 28
Grant Park Community Unit School District 6 Board met Jan. 28.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The meeting was called to order by President Dickson at 7:00 p.m. and the pledge of allegiance was recited.
Members present: Dave Dickson
Members absent: Shari Ohm
Also present: Dr. John Palan, Superintendent
Mr. Matt Maxwell, MS/HS Principal
Mrs. Sue Anderson, Recording Secretary
Audience of 0
APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA:
Motion was made by T. Markland, seconded by J. Loitz, to approve the consent agenda as follows:
1. Minutes of the regular board meeting of December 20, 2018.
2. Financial Reports for December, 2018.
3. Direction to pay the January vendor bills in the amount of $131,367.89.
4. Approval of the December payroll in the amount of $301,147.35.
5. To approve Melissa Crivokapich as 6th Grade Girls Volleyball Coach ($1,244, plus TRS) and MS Math Team ($1,111, plus TRS), Lisa Farrell as MS Scholastic Bowl Coach ($532, plus TRS).
Roll Call: T. Markland – yes; J. Loitz – yes; J. Fick - yes; V. Gawlinski - yes; C. Horn - yes; and D. Dickson - yes. Motion carried unanimously.
AUDIENCE TO PERSON’S SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE: None
ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORTS: The administrators’ reports are attached. Superintendent: Dr. Palan’s report included:
1. Information on applicants for the Property Tax Relief Grant will be made public.
2. 5 Essentials Survey is out now with the results coming in over the summer.
3. Table Top Exercise regarding school safety was held on the recent TI day.
4. Dates for HS Graduation (May 17th) and MS Promotion (May 23rd)
5. Enrollment report shows an increase of one student from the previous month.
BOARD COMMITTEE REPORTS:
President: No report
Building and Grounds: No report
Technology: Topics of discussion included: exploring on-line registration, signatures and payments; the purchase of 70 additional Chromebooks at a cost of $24,000 for next year; exploring off-site backup options for $1,000; 52 desktop computers for teachers will be needed at a cost of about $40,000; and an app is available for the district but is cost prohibitive at this time.
Kankakee Area Special Education Co-op: No report
Kankakee Area Career Center: No report
IASB-Three Rivers Division: No report
Chamber of Commerce: Mr. Loitz gave a presentation on the schools at the recent Chamber dinner.
Student Representatives: Not in attendance
Board Communications: A brief discussion regarding eLearning days.
COMMUNITY FORUM AND OTHER: There were no questions or comments from the audience.
Motion was made by T. Markland, seconded by J. Fick, at 7:09 p.m. to adjourn. Voice vote, all yes. Motion carried unanimously.